The history of the Holy Queen's Province Changanacherry dates back to the year 1888 when the sisters from Koonammavu-then known as the Third Order of Discalsed Carmelities opend a branch convent at Mutholy.This convent now belongs to the Pala Province.The second house is the Mount Carmel Convent Changanacherry.The foundress was Mother Treesa Catherine Thoppil.Other houses were formed with the advance of years and from the year 1948 the novitiate was conducted at Arpookara convent.When in the year 1950 the Dioces of Changanacherry was bifurcated the convents within the territory of Pala diocese came under the jurisdiction of the bishop of Pala.The novitiate was then shifted to Lisieux Carmel Ithithanam in 1960.
The unification of the congregation was effected in 1963 and soon the Holy Queens Province consisting of the convents in the Archdiocese of Changanacherry came in to being with the Holy Queens Convent as the Head Quarters.Sr.Tresa Margaret Kalathil was elected as the first Provincial.
In 1977 the Amala Region Kanjirapally was seprated from the Holy Queens Province consequent to the formation of the new Kanjirapally diocese and later in 1980 it was declared as the Amala Province.
In accordance with the General Synaxis decisiof 1988 Mount Carmel Mission Region was formed in May 1988 including the six mission stations in M.P, U.P. nad Orissa with carmel convent, Bhopal as its Regional house. Sr Pius was elected as the first Regional Superior. In 1997 it was declared as MT. Carmel Province.
At present the Province has 53 houses in Kerala of which 4 are residences. There are 10 houses in Chavara Region, Kanyakumary.